In the spirit of the Irish holiday I thought it would only be appropriate to post a St. Patrick’s Day look!
Those who know me know that I’m not one to wear dramatic, full coverage makeup. This is my personal preference and the style I usually go after when creating looks on either myself or my clients. This isn’t to say that full coverage, dramatic looks aren’t great (they are!) they just aren’t my style. Below, you’ll see the evolution of the St. Patrick’s Day look I was going after. It’s a soft, sweet, playful look incorporating beautiful greens (thanks for the palette Sephora!).
If you have any feedback, leave a comment.
Product list at the bottom.
Before: Yeah, that’s right, I’m smiling!
Base: I’ve applied foundation all over (use a cross hatching motion to get an even application) and concealer under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose, chin, and T-zone.
Contouring: I used medium dark MAC mineralize powder to contour directly below the cheekbones, at temples, at the hairline, and right underneath the jawbone. Don’t be afraid to apply the dark colour, you can blend it in to create the contouring effect. I finished this step off with applying Laura Mercier setting powder.
Cheeks and brows: I applied a new product I received in my last TopBox: So Susan water based pure luminizer, and I LOVE it! It’s very light and easy to apply (thanks TopBox). I then applied Charlotte Ronson’s 3 x a charm blush, luminizer and bronzer palette mixing the three to create the blush effect I was after. During this stage I also applied Mary Kay brow definer pencil to define the brows a bit more. I very much still go for a natural brow look and don’t look for complete perfection when filling them in (I love complimenting people’s unique features).
Eyes: I applied a combination of Stila in the know palette, air, along with Pantone 11-0907, 13-0645, and 17-6219 to get the green effect. As I mentioned above I didn’t want to go ‘too big’ here – I wanted to create a look that could take you from day to evening. I also applied Lise Watier’s waterproof eyeliner in Blanc to the lower waterline.
- Mary Kay timewise age-fighting moisturizer
- Mary Kay timewise age-fighting eye cream
- MAC prep + prime
- smashbox photo finish hydrating under eye primer
- ChapStick original
- MAKE UP FOR EVER 5 Camouflage Cream Palette
- Bobbi Brown skin foundation in Warm Sand 2.5
- MAC mineralize powder foundation in medium and medium dark
- Laura Mercier – translucent loose setting powder
- Charlotte Ronson 3 x a charm Luminizer, Blush, Bronzer
- So Susan Water-based Pure Luminizer
- Mary Kay brow definer pencil – Blonde
- Stila In the Know eye shadow palette
- Sephora + Pantone Universe palette
- Lise Watier waterproof eyeliner – Blanc
- Bourjois Paris Glamour mascara
- Lancome Juicy Tubes – Ultra Brilliant